DigitalMint is the leading Bitcoin ATM and Teller network, enabling
customers to buy cryptocurrency instantly at locations across the
United States. Founded in 2014, DigitalMint has been featured on CBS,
Coindesk, Forbes, and Fox. Our company is empowering underserved and
unbanked consumers to utilize digital currencies as a tool for
financial access and inclusion. We’re a passionate startup looking to
grow our team with dedicated entrepreneurial-minded people that love a
DigitalMint is seeking a Junior Technician to play a fundamental role in working with our location partners. You will be responsible for keeping our growing fleet of locations online. You work closely with our engineering and business development teams to accelerate our location launch pipeline. You will be the primary point of contact for our location partners. Your main responsibility will be to proactively manage fleet uptime. You will also be responsible for launching and configuring new locations (tablets, Kiosks, API integrators). Our ideal candidate is a tinkerer, loves to build rapport, patient, works well with their hands, and well organized and is hungry to learn new technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the engineering pipeline process to complete operations tasks.
- Upgrade & resolve issues in automated kiosk deployments.
- Diagnose & resolve issues with location partners.
- Assist contractors in installing kiosks (remote and onsite).
- Handle logistics with location partners when a location is offline.
- Configure kiosks and tablets prior to delivery.
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer-related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements.
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Recommend new equipment or software packages.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree; 1-year experience in IT support and customer
- Experience working with hardware in a professional capacity.
- Technical fluency across multiple platforms (Windows, iOS).
- Interest in bitcoin, blockchain technology, and digital currencies.
- This role is not designed for Junior Developers - this is a customer service position first and foremost.
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonuses paid based on fleet uptime
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Monthly CTA pre-tax benefit
- Daily $12 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
- Exciting culture in the fast-growing cryptocurrency industry
301 W Grand Ave., #383, Chicago, IL 60654
We are currently seeking candidates in the Chicagoland area and not currently seeking remote positions.
DigitalMint is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all